Grants and Funding
Government Assistance now available to players and officials:
Get Started Program
Get Started Program provides for vouchers of up to $150 is available for children and young people who can least afford or may otherwise benefit from joining a sport or recreation club. Parents can apply for a voucher to help pay for club membership and participation fees.
Get Started - Round 11, 2018
Get Started is one of three funding programs that comprise the Queensland Government's Get in the Game initiative to support grassroots sport and recreation.
Get Started assists children and young people who can least afford or may otherwise benefit from joining a sport or recreation club by providing a voucher of $150.00 to help pay the cost of membership and/or participation fees to any club within MDHA who is registered.
- Round 11 is now closed.
- Vouchers must be presented to a registered club by 11 May 2018. Vouchers will not be accepted after this date.
- Due to a change in the referral process, referral agent statements from previous rounds will no longer be accepted. For more information please visit the referral agent page.
- Round 12 will open for applications 25 July 2018.
Other funding sources
- The Young Athletes Travel Subsidy (travel subsidy) replaced the Young Athlete Assistance Program on 1 July 2015 and aims to foster the development of young athletes and support elite athlete pathways by providing financial assistance to help alleviate the costs associated with attending championship events.
- The Local Sporting Champions Program gives young athletes (aged 12–18) grants of up to $500 to pay for travel, accommodation, uniforms or equipment when competing, coaching or officiating at recognised sporting championships.
- Read about what other grants and funding are available for young people.
Fraser Coast Council
The Fraser Coast Council is also offering grants under the Financial Assistance to Sportspersons Grants Scheme. This Scheme provides assistance to individuals in support of their participation at sporting competitions.
The Financial Assistance to Sportsperson Grants Scheme is now open for Round 3 2017/18 nominations for participants who competed from 1 June to 31 December 2017.
Prior to submitting an application form, please ensure that you read the information sheet.
For further information on the Financial Assistance to Sportspersons Scheme contact the Administration Officer, Community & Culture Department on 1300 79 49 29.